Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Just One More Bite...

That's a cute kitchen, right? I didn't play with Barbies as a child, but I am sure many children have had a great time playing with Barbie and her plastic, tasteless sticker food. I, on the other hand, have a blast with REAL food. I am quite comfortable in the kitchen. I am confident that my abilities in the kitchen have added more reality to this Barbie. What? I ain't ashamed! Check it out...you won't be either.
 
 
Salmon (no silent "L") Hush puppies I cooked last night.  Yummy!
 
The finished meal... Salmon Hush puppies, Sauteed Spinach and Smashed Butternut Squash.
 
 
Homemade Biscuits just like Momma used to make!
 
Buttered and topped with Homemade ORGANIC Apple Butter.
 
 
Beef Stew I made from left over Rump Roast, Rice, Gravy, Stock and a bunch of veggies.  Best I ever made too.
 
One of my healthier meals...Fried Basmati Rice w/ Organic Eggs, Spinach and Stewed Cabbage.
 
I can see this is going to take more than one blog...
 
One of my family's favorites!  Meatloaf (without any gross chunks or whole boiled eggs...that is nasty) atop buttery smashed taters and stewed cabbage.  Mmmm Mmmm Good!
 
Fried Pork Chops with Creamed Spinach and Lima Beans.  All southern cooks must know how to cook some variation of this meal before saying the can cook!
 
Other Southern Staples:
Potato Salad
Potato Candy
Coconut Pies
Spaghetti...yes, southern women know how to throw down some spaghetti.
 
 
I love to cook healthy meals too.  In fact, the healthier, the better.  Cooking with all Organic ingredients is fun and makes me feel like I have done well for myself and my family when I serve it up.  I haven't had any of these healthy meals thrown back at me, so I'm thinking the family has enjoyed them...or they endured them,which I can't believe.  They are quite vocal about what they like and what they don't.  If you sat through one meal, home cooked or at a restaurant, you would think I have a family of food critics taking notes for their next column in the newspaper.  It does challenge me!
 
Here's to the healthy stuffs...Three variations of the Stir Fry Vegies I make.  I start with coconut oil, onions, garlic, grape tomatoes and basmati rice.  From there, I use a plethora of veggies...whatever I have a hankering to cook, or what is in the fridge.  I use it all.  It always turns out balish...I use sea salt, black pepper and vary my spices.
 
Did I mention that I often eat this for breakfast as well.  I crave it and could eat it for all three meals.
 
That is all for now...I will post more food pics later as this blog has gotten quite long.  I do have recipes for all of these dishes...and I don't mind sharing.
 
BTW, did I mention that these:
Were fried in COCONUT OIL!  SOOOO good for you.  If you don't know about it's benefits yet, please google it.  You will love it!
 
 
 
BARBIE, EAT YOUR HEART OUT...NONE OF MY FOOD IS PLASTIC, FAKE OR STICKERS.  :-)
 
 God bless you with fantastic meals on the table and awesome, sexy cooks in the kitchen.  Don't forget to tell RJ just how blessed he is!!!!
 
LYMI!  K, Bye...
 

1 comment:

  1. This is like a rough draft mamas kitchen menu. When is the restaurant opening?

    ReplyDelete